When building this website we have tried to make it accessible to all visitors, and in particular to provide ease of use for those who are visually impaired. This page explains:
- our approach to making this website accessible;
- the facilities that we have provided for different disability groups;
- guidance on how to use particular features;
- what to do if you have any questions or feedback for us.
The Kelda Group website is being developed to support Internet users who have disabilities. We believe the web pages on the site are in line with RNIB’s “See It Right” accessibility criteria, which includes all of the priority level 1 criteria of W3C’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. Any new information added to the site will be compliant with RNIB’s “See It Right” accessibility criteria.
Select the following links to access specific details for:
- Screen reader/voice browser/screen magnifier users
- Partially sighted users - changing the font size
- Colour-blind users
- Keyboard-only users
- Changing the style sheet
- External links
- Questions and feedback
Screen reader/voice browser/screen magnifier users
Our navigation mechanisms are accessible by screen readers and voice browsers. In addition, skip links allow the user to by-pass the navigation to the main content and also go directly to the site map.
Alt keys assist the users as follows:
- Alt key + m + Enter key will take the user to the top of the main content panel
- Alt key + n + Enter key will take the user back to the main navigation
- Alt key + s + Enter key will take the user to the site map
Text equivalents of all images have been provided and the relevant page and table header tags inserted.
Partially sighted users - changing the font size
In order to change the font size select "Tools" and then "Internet options" from the toolbar of your browser, click then on "Accessibility" and tick the box for "Ignore font sizes". If you are using Internet Explorer, select "View" from the menu bar, then "Text Size" and select from "Smallest" to "Largest". In Netscape, select "View" from the menu bar, then "Text Size" and select from "Smaller", "Larger", % values or "Other".
Should you wish to change the colour of text and background by introducing your own style sheet, please follow the instructions in changing the style sheet.
- To select/unselect a check box, use the space bar
- To move forward between links, use the tab key
- To move back between links, use the Shift + tab keys
- To initiate an action button, use the Enter key when the action button is selected.
Changing the style sheet
Users may import their own style sheet into the website. In Internet Explorer, select Tools, then Internet Options and then Accessibility. Next click on any or all of three checkboxes to ignore colours, font styles or font sizes. In the same window, you can change the style sheet by clicking the checkbox that says 'Format document using my style sheet', then simply browse to your preferred style sheet and click ok. In Netscape, select Edit, then Preferences and then Appearance. You will then be given a choice of colours and fonts.
Every link to an external site will open a new window in your browser.
Questions and feedback
If you have any comments or suggestions about how we could make this site easier for you to access please send us your comments via our online feedback form.